Liverpool star Mohamed Salah will aim to upset some familiar faces when he lines up for the Reds against former club Roma in the Champions League semi-finals on Tuesday.
The newly crowned PFA Player of the Year comes up against his old employers at Anfield, and will aim to emulate a club goalscoring feat achieved by Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard in Europe's premier competition.
Roma proved their pedigree by producing a sensational second-leg comeback to down heavyweights Barcelona in the quarter-finals, with Edin Dzeko's prowess perhaps key to improving their away-day woes in Europe.
Below we take a look at the pick of the Opta stats ahead of a crunch last-four first leg on Merseyside.
7 – Mohamed Salah is the seventh different Liverpool player to win the PFA Player of the Year award.— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) April 22, 2018
Mohamed Salah - 2018
Luis Suarez - 2014
Steven Gerrard - 2006
John Barnes - 1988
Ian Rush - 1984
Kenny Dalglish - 1983
Terry McDermott – 1980
Liverpool v Roma
- Liverpool are yet to lose to Roma in the European Cup/Champions League in three meetings (W1 D2), with one of those draws in the 1984 final, which Liverpool won 4-2 on penalties at the Stadio Olimpico.
- Roma are appearing in their first European semi-final for 27 years, when they faced Brondby in the UEFA Cup in 1990-91. Their only previous European Cup/Champions League semi-final was in 1983-84, when they eliminated Dundee United to face Liverpool in the final.
- This is Liverpool's 10th appearance in the semi-final of the European Cup/Champions League – they have progressed to the final on seven of the previous nine occasions, losing only in 1964-65 against Inter and in 2007-08 against Chelsea.
- However, the Reds have not won the first leg of a European semi-final in any of their last seven attempts (D3 L4), since a 4-0 win over Panathinaikos in the European Cup in 1984-85.
- The Reds have scored 33 goals in this season's competition, the most by an English team in a single Champions League campaign.
- Salah has scored in each of his last four Champions League starts for Liverpool – the only Reds player to score in five consecutively was Gerrard between October 2007 and February 2008.
- Two of the three men to have had a hand in at least 10 goals in the Champions League this season are Liverpool players – Roberto Firmino (eight goals and four assists) and Salah (eight goals and two assists).
- Roma have won just one of their last 14 away Champions League games (D5 L8), a 2-1 victory at Qarabag earlier this season.
- Roma are also without a clean sheet in their last 26 away Champions League matches; the second longest run in the competition's history behind only Celtic, who went 30 away matches without one between 2001 and 2016.
- Dzeko has been involved in six of Roma's last eight away Champions League goals (five goals, one assist) and the Bosnian has scored two goals in his last three starts at Anfield against Liverpool (both for Man City in January 2012 and March 2015).
|Rowett swaps Derby for Stoke|
|Thiem comfortable in victory as rain delays Wawrinka|
|Schmelzer gives up Borussia Dortmund captaincy|
|Top seed Stephens struggling at Nuremberg Cup|
|This is the wrong information - Vieira rejects Nice speculation|
|France rest Guirado, recall Thomas for New Zealand tour|
|Warriors´ Iguodala upgraded to questionable for game four|
|Simmons, Mitchell unanimous picks for NBA All-Rookie first team|
|AC Milan referred over alleged FFP breaches|
|F1 Raceweek: Ferrari and Red Bull target Monaco upturn|
|Horoya 2 Mamelodi Sundowns 2: Camara header denies visitors´ comeback|
|Du Plessis rescue mission takes Super Kings to IPL final|
|Seedorf to leave relegated Deportivo|
|Wenger turned down Real Madrid ´two or three times´|
|Kane dreams of lifting World Cup trophy as England captain|
|UEFA opens disciplinary proceedings against Liverpool & Roma|
|Yates stays on course for Giro title, Dennis wins time trial|
|Brighton sign Nigeria international Balogun|
|Ronaldo again pips LeBron and Messi as sport´s most famous star|
|Marcelo fears backlash if Madrid lose Champions League final|
|Messi joins Argentina´s World Cup training camp|
|FIFA finds no doping cases in Russia´s World Cup squad|
|Liverpool´s strikeforce reminds Ronaldo of Real Madrid|
|Hysaj staying at Napoli ´regardless of Sarri´s future´|
|Amir fully fit for Lord´s Test|
|A fast start to life - The Golden Knights and the expansion teams who excelled early|
|Molina gets two-year anti-doping ban for positive test after Joshua bout|
|Ramos: We´re a vintage Real Madrid team|
|Klopp key to controlling Liverpool emotions, says Alonso|
|Bjorn names Westwood, Harrington, Donald and McDowell as Europe vice-captains|
|Scarlets players left wounded by ´shocking´ Scotstoun pitch|
|Arsenal fined £20,000 for Leicester penalty protest|
|Storm offer Bellamy ´significant´ deal amid reported Broncos interest|
|Rashford writes moving tribute on anniversary of Manchester Arena attack|
|Heaton backs Kane´s captaincy credentials|
|Salah deserves Ballon d´Or if Liverpool win Champions League – Owen|
|Wasps flanker Willis out for up to a year|
|Real Madrid v Liverpool: Is the Champions League enough to save Zidane?|
|I was left out on reputation - Nainggolan angered by World Cup snub|
|Pellegrini targets Europe with West Ham|
|Lopetegui extends Spain contract|
|Edinburgh-bound Barclay´s Scarlets career over following Achilles surgery|
|Saints swoop for NRL star Naiqama|
|Zidane: Be careful when you criticise Ronaldo|
|It doesn´t get better - Stevens relishing best-of-three shootout for Celtics|
|Favre named new Dortmund boss|
|LeBron and Lue hail evergreen Kyle Korver|
|Kane named England captain for World Cup|
|Wright slams Arsenal over Emery: It´s like a sushi shop!|
|Pellegrini named new West Ham manager|
|Late drama and sustained Ronaldo magic - Real Madrid´s road to the Champions League final|
|Yankees´ home runs fuel win over Rangers|
|LeBron scores 44 points as Cavs level series against Celtics|
|Kaufusi re-signs with Melbourne Storm|
|LeBron James sets record for postseason field goals|
|Monchi: Alisson will only leave Roma if I come out of retirement!|
|No offers from Chelsea or Zenit, says Sarri´s agent|
|No Champions League pressure as PSG´s Tuchel calls for patience|
|Nationals´ Juan Soto hits homer in second career at-bat|
|Buffon to decide future in a week amid PSG speculation|
|Eli Apple embarrassed by 2017 antics, ready to move forward|
|Bills release Richie Incognito from reserve/retired list|
|Gentry and Pelicans want Cousins back in New Orleans|
|MLB extends Blue Jays closer Osuna´s administrative leave|
|Lloris, Jedinak and Kjaer ask FIFA to allow Guerrero to play at World Cup|
|Wolfsburg preserve Bundesliga status after play-off win over Kiel|
|Zidane was my idol and always will be - Wijnaldum|
|Liverpool ready to fly out of the blocks in Kiev - Henderson|
|Montreal Impact 0 LA Galaxy 1: Ibrahimovic sent off for slapping opponent|
|Real Madrid v Liverpool: Salah, Ronaldo lead the line in combined XI|