The Green Bay Packers and Buffalo Bills are dealing with serious quarterback issues after blowout NFL losses on Sunday.
The Packers are sticking with Brett Hundley, not that head coach Mike McCarthy has much of a choice, while Bills coach Sean McDermott would not say if he would turn the offense back over to Tyrod Taylor after rookie Nathan Peterman threw five interceptions against the Los Angeles Chargers.
As the Packers and Bills try to sort out their respective issues, there is growing discontent in Denver after Broncos general manager John Elway called his team soft. After Sunday's 23-0 win over the Packers, the Baltimore Ravens defense has three shutouts this season but the players are hungry for more.
Packers safety HaHa Clinton-Dix accused the Ravens' Ryan Jensen of being a dirty player after the center injured Packers defensive tackle Kenny Clark.
Here's the latest edition of "He Said What?!"
– Hundley on throwing three interceptions against the Ravens: "It sucks. Confidence-wise, I'll keep going with my head held high, but it sucks."
– McDermott on Buffalo's quarterback situation: "We are still evaluating the QB position and we'll take it one day at a time right now... One game is not going to define Nathan or Nathan's career. I'm confident in Nathan and his mental toughness... There are some plays Nate certainly wants back and some plays he made were pretty good. I get that those are hard to see."
– Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall on Elway's "soft" remark: "We definitely didn't take kindly to those remarks. I understand this is his team and he put it together, so his name is on it. But it's our skin in the game. Nobody is soft on this team. We work our arse off and we work hard."
– Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs on getting a third shutout: "It doesn't mean s*** if we don't make the play-offs. It's good, but if we don't get in, you won't even remember it."
– Clinton-Dix on Jensen: "He's trash. He's a bad player. He doesn't play fair. This is a game that we all love to play and love to enjoy, and you never want to see a guy get hurt when you're playing overaggressive and doing things that you shouldn't be doing. It's uncalled for... I don't like him. He needs to tighten up on his play. Play ball. If you can't whup him regularly, don't cheap shot him. That's what that guy's been doing all year. I've been watching film of 66, and he's a dirty player."
– Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott on the 37-9 loss to the Eagles: "I'll watch this a couple of times and forget about it. I would play tomorrow if I could."
– Rams offensive lineman Andrew Whitworth on losing to the Vikings: "It's frustrating, but the reality is, we needed adversity. It's not to say that we didn't need to come back and win that game, but when you're on the road in a really hard place to play, against one of the best defenses in the league, to play the kind of game we were in, and for this team to be in the game, I think it shows you that we're legit and we're the real deal. If we get this opportunity in the play-offs, and get a chance to get in, then we'll be prepared for it."
– Eagles cornerback Jalen Mills on linebacker Kamu Grugier-Hill filling in for injured kicker Jake Elliott: "I knew he could kick. We call him 'the Flying Hawaiian.' He can do it all."
– Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on the botched fake field goal before half-time of Monday's 34-31 loss to the Falcons: "It would have been a really good call if we made it."
|Timberwolves star Butler suffers knee injury|
|Penguins acquire Brassard in three-team trade|
|Verdasco ends Thiem´s Rio Open title defence, Monfils exits|
|Salah has world´s best left foot? Don´t forget Messi – Klopp|
|Pochettino: Vertonghen one of Europe´s best defenders|
|He hasn´t raised the bar – Wenger plays down Guardiola success|
|Woods stays solid as List, Lovemark lead|
|Cake and victory for birthday boy Pouille|
|Klopp ´really proud´ of Firmino after Holgate case dropped|
|Munster upset Warriors as Leinster crush Southern Kings|
|Bouchard ´vindicated´ after USTA settlement|
|Warriors fall to impressive Wolves, Saints stay perfect|
|Conte: Chelsea´s winning mentality can´t be questioned|
|Benching Willian was a fantastic decision, boasts Chelsea boss Conte|
|Juventus critics don´t know Tottenham, says Pjanic|
|Hull City 1 Sheffield United 0: Dicko blunts Blades´ promotion chase after fan protest|
|Bastareaud stars as France get off the mark against Italy|
|Jaguars reward Marrone & Coughlin with two-year extensions|
|Lukaku tipped for ´big things´ by United team-mate Matic|
|Kasatkina saves three match points to stun Muguruza|
|Emery hopes Classique can inspire Real Madrid comeback|
|I thought he was an actor! - Valverde dodges Arthur questions|
|Valverde hints at resting Messi, Suarez for Girona clash|
|Napoli sign free agent Milic|
|Barclay labels England ´massive favourites´ for Calcutta Cup|
|Johnson tells England: Don´t give Scotland ´scent of victory´|
|Zidane offers condolences after Basque police officer´s death|
|FA charge Guardiola over yellow ribbon protest|
|City have to lift titles - Guardiola focused on Wembley glory against Arsenal|
|Spalletti urges Inter to ´believe in our strength´ and end wretched run|
|Best unconcerned with Sexton fitness|
|Christensen a future Chelsea captain, says Conte|
|Fonte leaves West Ham for Dalian Yifang|
|Guardia Civil search Guardiola family´s plane|
|Unwell Neymar facing race to make Le Classique|
|Playing Chelsea means less and less every year, says Mourinho|
|Conte hopes Manchester United bench ´fantastic´ Pogba|
|Dembele ´a genius of football´ like Maradona and Ronaldinho, claims Pochettino|
|Otaegui surges into slender lead in Qatar|
|Villarreal suspend Semedo after attempted murder allegation|
|Jesus could return but Guardiola has doubts over Sterling|
|He took 10 seconds to be ready – Mourinho salutes professional Pogba|
|Alderweireld a doubt as Pochettino stays silent on transfer rumours|
|Conte dismisses Mourinho tension|
|Nothing is decided - Klopp urges against Liverpool complacency|
|Heynckes ´can´t imagine´ Bayern sanctioning Lewandowski sale|
|FIFA closes Neymar´s Barcelona bonus case|
|Bale still important to Real Madrid, Zidane insists|
|Heynckes plays down Robben´s frustration|
|Central Coast Mariners 1 Wellington Phoenix 0: Hosts end 11-match winless run|
|Arsenal handed tough Milan test in Europa League´s round of 16|
|Europa League: Last-16 draw in full|
|I am the lion of the jungle - Wilder ready to pounce on Ortiz|
|Vitolo apologises for sexist ´joke´ after Atletico win|
|Paletta joins Jiangsu Suning|
|Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar are the only superstars, says Pele|
|Rebels capitalise on Higginbotham red, Highlanders beat Blues in thriller|
|Arsenal have ´unfinished business´ in EFL Cup after 2011 loss - Wilshere|
|Srna given 17-month doping ban|
|Winter Olympics 2018: Larocque apologises for silver-medal snub|
|Arsenal boss Wenger backs Wilshere after Keane rant|
|Basque police express ´dismay´ at death of officer after fan violence|
|Jones was alarmed by England´s lack of fitness|
|Wembley hero Ramsey winning race to face Manchester City|
|McLaren launch new-look MCL33|
|EFL Cup final: Bravo and Ospina pitch to be heroes before stepping back into the shadows|
|The Breakdown: A statistical look at round three of the Six Nations|
|EFL Cup final: Wenger aiming for another glorious Wembley outing|
|Ligament damage but no surgery for Lynn|
|Wizards upstage new-look Cavs, Westbrook hits buzzer-beater|