Kevin Durant's superstar performances for the Golden State Warriors see him join the likes of Michael Jordan and Shaquille O'Neal in NBA Finals history.
Durant's decision to join the Warriors from the Oklahoma City Thunder ahead of the season was met with acrimony from fans and pundits alike.
But as the Warriors sealed a 4-1 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers - gaining revenge having collapsed from 3-1 up against the same opponents last year - Durant's switch has been vindicated.
Not only did he claim his maiden NBA championship, but Durant was named Finals MVP following a string of displays that left Stephen Curry and LeBron James in his shadow.
With the help of Opta, we take a look at some of the numbers behind the Warriors' second title in three years.
- Kevin Durant became just the sixth player to score 30+ points in every game in a NBA Finals series, after Elgin Baylor, Ricky Barry, Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon and Shaquille O'Neal (twice).
- His 35.2 points per game ranks as the 10th-highest in NBA Finals history. He is also the first player since LeBron James in 2014-15 to average 35+ in a NBA Finals.
- Golden State became the fifth team in NBA Finals history to score 129+ points multiple times in a single series, and the first to do so since the Portland Trail Blazers in 1977.
- The Warriors averaged 119.3 points per game throughout the playoffs. Since 1996, only three teams averaged at least 112.0 points throughout the playoffs – the 2016-17 Cleveland Cavaliers (116.2 in 18 games played), the 2013-14 Houston Rockets (112.0 in six games played) and the 2004-05 Phoenix Suns (112.0 in 15 games played).
- Golden State made 216 three-pointers in the postseason, the sixth-most in NBA history. They made 38.6 per cent of their threes, becoming the 13th team to make at least 38.5 per cent of their three-point attempts in a postseason (min. 300 3PAs).
- Stephen Curry averaged 4.2 three-pointers per playoff game, the fifth-most in NBA history among players who played at least four games in that year's playoffs. It is the third time he has averaged more than four three-pointers in a single postseason – no other player has done so more than once.
- In the regular season, the Warriors scored 120+ points 32 times, becoming the 15th team since the start of the 1986 regular season to score that many points 30-or-more times in a single season, and the first to do so in back-to-back seasons since the Phoenix Suns in 1988-89 and 1989-90 (the Warriors scored 120+ points 20 times last season).
- LeBron James became the first player ever to average a triple-double in the NBA Finals.
|Carvajal ready to face Iran - Hierro|
|Japan´s World Cup victory over Colombia sparks celebrations on the streets of Tokyo|
|Poland 1 Senegal 2: Good fortune and bad errors hand Africans Group H win|
|England shatter ODI world record with total of 481 against Australia|
|Best yet to come from England hero Kane, says Rashford|
|Salah starts for Egypt against Russia|
|De Jong expects to stay at Ajax|
|Barcelona angered by Pique´s involvement in Griezmann saga|
|Federer begins Halle defence with comfortable Bedene win|
|Tabarez not worried by slow Suarez start|
|Brazil´s Neymar felt pain in his ankle, CBF confirms|
|Griezmann understands Atletico fans´ nerves over Barcelona speculation|
|Queiroz salutes Hierro for uniting Spain|
|Stump from Scotland´s defeat of England auctioned for charity|
|Red Bull will not have works team label, confirm Honda|
|Neymar hobbles out of Brazil World Cup training|
|Ronaldo´s revelry, Messi´s miss and Sanchez´s shocker - Russia 2018, World Cup of the penalty|
|Brazil ask FIFA to explain VAR decisions against Switzerland|
|Colombia 1 Japan 2: Sanchez red spoils Pekerman´s plans|
|Argentina v Croatia: Mercado wants an end to ´Messidependencia´|
|Hoffenheim director suggests €50m bid could land Kramaric|
|England will emerge as a ´champion team´, insists Jones|
|Ryder Cup teams shaping up great, says Strange|
|We cannot replace Iniesta – Abidal|
|Colombia´s Sanchez sees second-quickest World Cup red card|
|France v Peru: Varane and Les Bleus calm after unconvincing start|
|Semenya challenges IAAF hyperandrogenism rule with CAS|
|No Germany line-up changes needed, says Neuer|
|James absent from Colombia line-up|
|Alli to have scan on thigh knock after England win|
|Mooy not using World Cup to facilitate transfer from Huddersfield|
|Billy Vunipola a big loss for England, says Vermeulen|
|´Incredible´ Firmino works like a defender, says Mane|
|Jackson and Olding could make Ireland returns|
|Stokes and Woakes ruled out of T20I matches|
|Denmark v Australia: Socceroos confident of reaching last 16|
|Argentina should have selected Icardi for the World Cup, Zanetti claims|
|Except for Messi, Croatia are better than Argentina - Kovacic|
|I chose Real Madrid over PSG and Barcelona – Vinicius Junior|
|Germany should drop Ozil - Effenberg|
|Anything is possible with Tiger - Strange backs Woods revival despite U.S. Open misery|
|Fekir won´t offer Liverpool update, despite meeting Aulas|
|Southgate aims to repeat ´perfect´ preparation for Panama|
|Coleman ready for crucial Sydney clash|
|Prior to make Origin debut in Sydney|
|Secretive space capital Samara opens its doors as World Cup rolls into town|
|Red Bull confirm Honda switch|
|Arzani has a big future, says ´surprised´ Jakobsen|
|Goalkeepers are the victims of FIFA - Talking balls at Russia 2018|
|Mexico boss backs Lozano for Premier League move|
|Yankees, Nationals split unconventional doubleheader|
|Southgate praises Maguire´s performance|
|The only thing Kane hasn´t done is score in August - Southgate|
|Fenerbahce part ways with Kocaman|
|Celtics forward Hayward expected to be fully cleared by August|
|Nationals acquire closer Herrera from Royals|
|Angels star Ohtani to be re-evaluated in 2-3 weeks|
|Crisis club Sporting appoint Mihajlovic|
|Fekir could still join Liverpool this summer - agent|
|Brathwaithe and weather thwart Sri Lanka|
|Southgate bemused by England-Tunisia penalty decisions|
|Kane disappointed by refereeing decisions despite England win|
|Koepka backed by coach to win more majors|
|Rybarikova ousts Pliskova in Birmingham, seeds fail in Mallorca|
|Kane: England players had flies in our mouths|
|Lemar signs Atletico deal|
|Griezmann renews Atletico Madrid contract after rejecting Barcelona|
|Captain Kane comes good to heighten England´s aura of optimism|
|Wawrinka and Cilic cruise through at Queen´s|
|Saudi Arabia team safe after aircraft´s ´technical failure´|