Kevin Durant's superstar performances for the Golden State Warriors see him join the likes of Michael Jordan and Shaquille O'Neal in NBA Finals history.
Durant's decision to join the Warriors from the Oklahoma City Thunder ahead of the season was met with acrimony from fans and pundits alike.
But as the Warriors sealed a 4-1 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers - gaining revenge having collapsed from 3-1 up against the same opponents last year - Durant's switch has been vindicated.
Not only did he claim his maiden NBA championship, but Durant was named Finals MVP following a string of displays that left Stephen Curry and LeBron James in his shadow.
With the help of Opta, we take a look at some of the numbers behind the Warriors' second title in three years.
- Kevin Durant became just the sixth player to score 30+ points in every game in a NBA Finals series, after Elgin Baylor, Ricky Barry, Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon and Shaquille O'Neal (twice).
- His 35.2 points per game ranks as the 10th-highest in NBA Finals history. He is also the first player since LeBron James in 2014-15 to average 35+ in a NBA Finals.
- Golden State became the fifth team in NBA Finals history to score 129+ points multiple times in a single series, and the first to do so since the Portland Trail Blazers in 1977.
- The Warriors averaged 119.3 points per game throughout the playoffs. Since 1996, only three teams averaged at least 112.0 points throughout the playoffs – the 2016-17 Cleveland Cavaliers (116.2 in 18 games played), the 2013-14 Houston Rockets (112.0 in six games played) and the 2004-05 Phoenix Suns (112.0 in 15 games played).
- Golden State made 216 three-pointers in the postseason, the sixth-most in NBA history. They made 38.6 per cent of their threes, becoming the 13th team to make at least 38.5 per cent of their three-point attempts in a postseason (min. 300 3PAs).
- Stephen Curry averaged 4.2 three-pointers per playoff game, the fifth-most in NBA history among players who played at least four games in that year's playoffs. It is the third time he has averaged more than four three-pointers in a single postseason – no other player has done so more than once.
- In the regular season, the Warriors scored 120+ points 32 times, becoming the 15th team since the start of the 1986 regular season to score that many points 30-or-more times in a single season, and the first to do so in back-to-back seasons since the Phoenix Suns in 1988-89 and 1989-90 (the Warriors scored 120+ points 20 times last season).
- LeBron James became the first player ever to average a triple-double in the NBA Finals.
|MLS Review: Giovinco seals win as Toronto stay unbeaten at home, Texas derby ends 1-1|
|Cabrera wants Mets to trade him|
|Donnarumma? There´s nothing new – Fassone|
|Former West Ham and Madrid defender Arbeloa announces retirement|
|Big Papi´s big night: Red Sox retire David Ortiz´s number 34|
|Vegas Golden Knights add to developing roster with three first-rounders|
|Butler posts heartfelt thank-you letter to Chicago Bulls|
|Messi could´ve played for Real Madrid instead of Barcelona – Gaggioli|
|Fultz, Embiid fully believe Sixers are a playoff team|
|Oshie staying with Capitals on new eight-year deal|
|Devils take Hischier with number one pick in NHL draft|
|Spieth maintains Travelers lead as struggling Day misses cut|
|Porto´s Depoitre joins Huddersfield for club-record fee|
|Stokes slams Roy obstruction dismissal|
|Five championships sounds pretty good - Hamilton targeting more F1 titles|
|Portugal U21s won´t be matching the Euro success of Ronaldo and Co.|
|Morgan defends Livingstone after disastrous debut run-out in South Africa defeat|
|Hardaker shines as Tigers beat Rhinos, Salford suffer late heartache|
|Saints legend Le Tissier urges Pellegrino to entertain|
|De Villiers hails South African never-say-die attitude|
|Salah set to thrill Liverpool fans - Ince|
|Rain washes out opening ODI in Trinidad|
|Cilic and Dimitrov through to Aegon Championships semi-finals|
|Proteas pull off thrilling fightback to set up T20 decider|
|Ronaldo and Hernandez don´t compare for Vasin|
|Broad in contention for opening South Africa Test|
|Garcia beats Vinci to book Mallorca reunion with Sevastova|
|Schick lauded as Czech´s best ahead of Juventus move|
|Safarova survives gruelling Gavrilova bout, Kvitova awaits|
|Dortmund opportunity too good for Bosz to turn down, says De Boer|
|The party won´t end if we exit Confederations Cup, says Russia boss Cherchesov|
|Man Utd star Carrick: I might play for as long as Giggs!|
|Contador supported by Degenkolb in Trek-Segafredo Tour de France team|
|Confederations Cup Social Diary: Ronaldo not on winning side for once|
|Chile v Australia: Troisi looking at bigger picture for Socceroos|
|Garcia, Stenson hunting half-way leaders in Munich|
|Jagielka buoyed by Everton transfer business|
|Dan Evans confirms positive cocaine test|
|Germany v Cameroon: Logistical motivation for Low|
|Federer ends Mayer´s title defence in Halle|
|Alonso´s season continues to go downhill as car rolls away|
|Chelsea to Aston Villa will not feel like a step down for Terry, claims Sherwood|
|Pellegrino appointed Southampton manager|
|Paul George gave Pacers a ´gut punch´ with news of desired departure|
|Confederations Cup Diary: Mexico win MediaBowl, Beausejour is our new best friend and everyone loves|
|Salah signing takes Liverpool a step closer to title - Berger|
|Bumrah unimpressed as traffic police mock no-ball woe|
|F1 Raceweek: Mercedes and Ferrari vie for momentum in Baku|
|Frank de Boer will fulfil ´every manager´s dream´ at Crystal Palace, says brother Ronald|
|Kaymer likens Woods´ impact to Muhammad Ali|
|Bale determined to win ´more trophies´ as Madrid exit rumours persist|
|Osorio: Russia clash the perfect chance to answer critics|
|Josh Harrop explains Manchester United exit|
|Carrick not thinking about Cristiano Ronaldo reunion at Man Utd|
|Santos defends Portugal´s Euro 2016 win|
|Vinales puts down a marker as Lorenzo endures dismal day|
|Man Utd youngster Harrop signs for Preston|
|New Zealand v British and Irish Lions: Everything you need to know|
|Ferguson was stunned when Van Gaal sold Evans, claims O´Neill|
|Santos keeps New Zealand guessing on Ronaldo|
|PSG´s project is not lost – Marquinhos urges Verratti to stay amid Barcelona interest|
|Don´t compare me to Mourinho, says New Zealand boss Hudson|
|Leeds complete signing of Poland midfielder Mateusz Klich|
|Hudson claims New Zealand are not scared of Ronaldo and Portugal|
|Luke injured in Warriors win, Hayne torments Tigers|
|Sevilla refute Juve interest in N´Zonzi|
|River Plate duo Mayada and Martinez Quarta fail drugs test|
|Cristiano Ronaldo mocks Real Madrid team-mate James Rodriguez´s ´ugly´ new haircut|
|Gatland questions All Blacks´ bench, Savea absence|
|All Blacks expect to tame Lions, says Read|