Kevin Durant's superstar performances for the Golden State Warriors see him join the likes of Michael Jordan and Shaquille O'Neal in NBA Finals history.
Durant's decision to join the Warriors from the Oklahoma City Thunder ahead of the season was met with acrimony from fans and pundits alike.
But as the Warriors sealed a 4-1 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers - gaining revenge having collapsed from 3-1 up against the same opponents last year - Durant's switch has been vindicated.
Not only did he claim his maiden NBA championship, but Durant was named Finals MVP following a string of displays that left Stephen Curry and LeBron James in his shadow.
With the help of Opta, we take a look at some of the numbers behind the Warriors' second title in three years.
- Kevin Durant became just the sixth player to score 30+ points in every game in a NBA Finals series, after Elgin Baylor, Ricky Barry, Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon and Shaquille O'Neal (twice).
- His 35.2 points per game ranks as the 10th-highest in NBA Finals history. He is also the first player since LeBron James in 2014-15 to average 35+ in a NBA Finals.
- Golden State became the fifth team in NBA Finals history to score 129+ points multiple times in a single series, and the first to do so since the Portland Trail Blazers in 1977.
- The Warriors averaged 119.3 points per game throughout the playoffs. Since 1996, only three teams averaged at least 112.0 points throughout the playoffs – the 2016-17 Cleveland Cavaliers (116.2 in 18 games played), the 2013-14 Houston Rockets (112.0 in six games played) and the 2004-05 Phoenix Suns (112.0 in 15 games played).
- Golden State made 216 three-pointers in the postseason, the sixth-most in NBA history. They made 38.6 per cent of their threes, becoming the 13th team to make at least 38.5 per cent of their three-point attempts in a postseason (min. 300 3PAs).
- Stephen Curry averaged 4.2 three-pointers per playoff game, the fifth-most in NBA history among players who played at least four games in that year's playoffs. It is the third time he has averaged more than four three-pointers in a single postseason – no other player has done so more than once.
- In the regular season, the Warriors scored 120+ points 32 times, becoming the 15th team since the start of the 1986 regular season to score that many points 30-or-more times in a single season, and the first to do so in back-to-back seasons since the Phoenix Suns in 1988-89 and 1989-90 (the Warriors scored 120+ points 20 times last season).
- LeBron James became the first player ever to average a triple-double in the NBA Finals.
|Azarenka pulls out of US Open over childcare issue|
|Wayne Rooney scores 200th Premier League goal|
|Iturbe joins Tijuana on loan|
|Vardy fitness boost for Leicester ahead of Blades cup tie|
|Al Ain 0 Al Hilal 0: All square after scrappy quarter-final first leg|
|Clement reminds Abraham he´s ´not here on work experience´|
|FIA considering driverless safety car for F1 races|
|City to pay tribute to victims of Manchester and Catalonia attacks|
|De Ligt signs four-year Ajax extension|
|CAS dismisses Diack´s appeal against life ban|
|Chris Froome claims Vuelta red jersey, as Vincenzo Nibali wins stage three|
|Kondogbia departs Inter for Valencia loan|
|Carl Frampton splits from manager Barry McGuigan|
|Spurs star Kane unconcerned by continued August hoodoo|
|TIU investigating suspicious betting patterns around Dolgopolov-Monteiro|
|Cutrone to feature in Montella´s immediate Milan plans|
|Guardiola one of the best - Ederson had no doubts over Manchester City move|
|They´re just rumours - Nice´s Fournier plays down talk of Barca move for Seri|
|Chelsea´s ´great character´ key to Wembley win - David Luiz|
|Martial backs Pogba for Ballon d´Or within five years|
|This is not the movies - Ward ready to face Bellew at cruiserweight|
|So stupid - Muller rues knee injury after ´helicopter´ crash|
|Le´Veon Bell not leaving Steelers unless traded|
|Feyenoord sign winger Larsson from Heerenveen|
|Ritchie and Phillips return to Scotland squad for qualifiers|
|Gayle and Samuels return to West Indies ODI squad|
|Sakho asking price ´much too expensive´ for Palace boss De Boer|
|Costa calls Conte ´disrespectful´ over ´moment of madness´ text message|
|Ederson backs Neymar´s Ballon d´Or ambition|
|Pakistan to host World XI followed by Sri Lanka and West Indies|
|Burnley land Chris Wood in club-record transfer|
|Man City outcast Nasri joins Eto´o at Antalyaspor|
|Steve McClaren heads to Israel with Maccabi Tel Aviv|
|Mayweather v McGregor: Five things the UFC star has to do to shock the world|
|Wake up Floyd, it´s all over - McGregor trolls Mayweather with knockout prophecy|
|Early hours third-round draw brings more ridicule for EFL Cup|
|Arsenal send Jenkinson and Bramall to Birmingham|
|Mayweather-McGregor is a circus and I´d beat them both - Horn|
|Roberto eyes Barca stay after revelling in midfield role|
|Dimitrov seeking to harness Masters momentum ahead of Flushing Meadows|
|Lewandowski irked by busy Bayern pre-season|
|Legend Ambrose blasts ´embarrassing, pathetic´ West Indies|
|Lealiifano to join Ulster on short-term deal|
|Coutinho should decide his future - Manchester City´s Ederson supports Barca target|
|Windies´ Brathwaite reported for suspect action|
|Ibrahimovic fighting fit for possible Manchester United return|
|Halep apologises to fans after Muguruza mauling|
|Rummenigge defends Barcelona´s Dembele bid|
|Titans sack Henry but deny rift with Hayne|
|Fernandinho sounds Rooney warning for Manchester City|
|Brighton sign Izquierdo in club-record deal|
|Avila saves Cubs with walk-off hit against Blue Jays|
|MLS Review: NYC, Sounders score stoppage-time winners|
|LeBron to Knicks? Griffin can see it happening|
|They shouldn´t be there! – Neymar hits out at Barca board|
|QLD boss Walters dismisses Titans links|
|Ramos highlights animosity towards Madrid after red card|
|Boldin in shock NFL retirement after joining Bills|
|Lakers respond to tampering allegations surrounding George|
|Baghdatis wins through, Dolgopolov suffers shock loss|
|Mourinho tells Rashford to embrace boo boys|
|Lucic-Baroni battles in New Haven, Cornet cruises|
|Zidane wants no more changes to Madrid squad|
|Pastore rules out leaving PSG in swap for Mbappe|
|Messi will sign Barcelona contract – Fernandez|
|Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos equals LaLiga record for red cards|
|Farah: I´ve run my last race for Great Britain|
|Stenson claims Wyndham Championship for first win of season|
|Spalletti eyes improvement despite convincing Inter win|
|Montella pleased with Milan´s winning start|