Article

Price says he hasn´t thought about opting out of Red Sox contract

10 July 2018 00:49

Boston Red Sox pitcher David Price is focused on the present.

The 32-year-old starter can opt out of the seven-year, $217million contract he signed with Boston in December 2015 at the end of this season.

But, Price said he was not thinking about the future.

"I want to win, I want to win here and I want to win now," Price told MLB Network on Monday.

"We all know the amount of ability we have in this clubhouse ... I'm focused on winning right now. I haven't thought about opting out."

The five-time All-Star has been inconsistent during his time with the Red Sox and he has struggled recently. He allowed eight runs in 3.1 innings against the Yankees on July 1 and followed that by surrendering four runs in 4.2 innings in his last start against the Royals.

Price has registered a 9-6 record with a 4.44 ERA so far in 2018.

The Red Sox lead the American League East with a 62-29 record.

Latest news

20 September 2018

 04:59
 04:29
 04:25
 03:41
 03:26
 03:22
 03:14
 03:02
 02:45
 02:03
 01:35
 01:28
 01:16
 01:03
 01:02
 01:02
 00:57
 00:53
 00:53
 00:43
 00:41
 00:37
 00:31
 00:28
 00:17
 00:11

19 September 2018

 23:56
 23:54
 23:53
 23:36
 23:35
 23:17
 23:09
 23:08
 22:56
 22:55
 22:53
 22:52
 21:36
 20:51
 20:49
 20:41
 20:39
 20:26
 20:18
 20:15
 20:12
 20:05
 18:55
 18:25
 18:03
 17:40
 17:19
 17:11
 16:48
 16:23
 16:02
 15:56
 15:44
 15:35
 14:45
 14:25
 13:57
 13:00
 12:28
 11:58
 11:54
 11:00
 10:59
 10:38