The New England Patriots are set to be involved in several marquee NFL games in 2017 after the schedule was released on Thursday.
There will be a Super Bowl rematch in week seven and the defending champions also get the season started.
The Patriots feature heavily in the 10 must-see games of the 2017 campaign.
10. Steelers at Texans, week 16, December 25: A Christmas Day treat in Houston will have a pair of playoff hopefuls and two of the NFL's stingiest defenses. The Texans have jettisoned Brock Osweiler and this could be an important game for both teams late in the season.
9. Falcons at Seahawks, week 11, November 20: A playoff rematch that was dominated by the Falcons last season, the Seahawks will hope to get some revenge at home. The Legion of Boom may be losing some of its punch, but the Seahawks are a different team at home and there almost always seems to be some sort of controversy when Seattle get a prime-time home game.
8. Chiefs at Patriots, week one, September 7: The champs will celebrate their Super Bowl victory before taking on one of last year's playoff teams. The Chiefs have not won at Foxborough since 1990, a stretch that includes six straight losses, including a playoff game in the 2015 season.
7. Dolphins at Chargers, week two, September 17: Tiny StubHub Center in Carson, California, will host its first NFL game as the Chargers officially debut as the Los Angeles Chargers at their new temporary home.
6. Packers at Falcons, week two, September 17: The Falcons will debut new Mercedes-Benz Stadium in week two against the Packers, who will hope for a much better result than the last time they went to Atlanta. The Falcons ran away with a blowout victory in last season's NFC championship game. Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers are sure to light things up once all the pomp and circumstance of the new stadium wears off.
5. Cowboys at Raiders, week 15, December 17: The Cowboys and Raiders both have Super Bowl aspirations this season and each team is loaded with young talent on offense. With defenses that struggled somewhat last season, there could be a lot of points scored at the Coliseum.
4. Patriots vs. Raiders, week 11, November 19: The Raiders are returning to Mexico this season and will face the Patriots, who will play in the country for the first time ever. This could have big playoff implications in the latter half of the season.
3. Patriots at Dolphins, week 14, December 11: If the Dolphins are going to sweep the Patriots, as wide receiver Jarvis Landry boldly predicted, they have to first win on November 26 in New England and then defend their home field two weeks later on Monday night.
2. Chiefs at Raiders, week seven, October 19: These are the two favourites in the AFC West and a win by the Raiders would go a long way toward a division that slipped away from them last season.
1. Falcons at Patriots, week seven, October 22: The Super Bowl rematch will be one of the more anticipated matchups of the season. It is a bit of surprise the NFL scheduled it in the middle of the season instead of making it a week one game. The Falcons will be bent on revenge, but going into Foxborough is never easy.
|Bulls´ Rondo likely out for rest of series against Celtics|
|Bilic hails reported West Ham target Sturridge|
|Ramos open to presidential role at Real Madrid|
|Diamondbacks´ Miller has UCL tear, considering Tommy John surgery|
|New Zealand international Johnson re-signs with Warriors|
|Guardiola laments City´s ageing full-backs|
|Mourinho: Aguero very smart in Fellaini dismissal|
|Kompany: United never made it difficult for City|
|Giants respond to Cup embarrassment by beating Leeds|
|Carrick sees point gained for United in Manchester derby draw|
|Sharapova´s path clear of seeds after Kerber stunned by Mladenovic|
|Murray, Nadal and Thiem through on day of shocks|
|Manchester City 0 Manchester United 0: Mourinho´s 10 men hold on after Fellaini madness|
|Hamilton: I don´t like team orders and never have|
|Sevilla 2 Celta Vigo 1: Ben Yedder turns up the heat on Atleti|
|Retiring Lahm wants to have fun in final weeks of career|
|That´s the luck you need - Bender plays down incredible Pokal clearance|
|Lions roar to worsen woes of Kohli´s RCB|
|Rusty Murray outlasts Lopez in Barcelona|
|Rashford starts Manchester derby for United, Gabriel Jesus on City bench|
|´Overrated´ Pogba and Balotelli have been lucky, says Cassano|
|Atletico Madrid not afraid of Real Madrid, Torres claims|
|Chelsea captain Terry wanted at Bournemouth|
|Pouille holds off dogged Vesely in Budapest|
|Schneiderlin fires ´revenge´ warning to Chelsea|
|Dortmund-themed cast cheers Bartra as recovery continues|
|Barton betting ban was ´shortest possible sanction´ - FA|
|Eriksen insists Tottenham can still win Premier League|
|Sharapova highlights improved focus after second win|
|Predators forward Fiala suffers broken leg, out for rest of Stanley Cup playoffs|
|Liverpool confirm Gerrard will take over Under-18s|
|Raikkonen has no problem with Ferrari boss Marchionne|
|Sharapova dismantles Makarova to make Stuttgart quarter-finals|
|Albania fined by FIFA after crowd unrest in Italy|
|Nadal brings up Barcelona half-century with routine triumph over Anderson|
|Knicks´ Joakim Noah expected to miss six months|
|Bartomeu to stand trial over Neymar transfer after appeal is rejected|
|Sanchez the only Arsenal player who would get in Tottenham team, says Henry|
|Bottas: No talk of team orders at Mercedes|
|Happy underdog Klitschko talks up defeat for Joshua|
|Clement confident of Swansea survival|
|Aguero bemoans City´s bad luck in ´tough year´|
|Barcelona tried to lower Suarez price after Chiellini bite, claims ex-Liverpool CEO|
|Allegri refusing to let Monaco be a distraction in Juve´s title bid|
|Being benched not a problem for Aguero|
|Roberts injured as in-form Broncos beat Panthers|
|Bayern Munich sign Coman from Juventus for €35m|
|Cavani, Mbappe and Griezmann among nominees for UNFP awards|
|Roma stalwart De Rossi reflects on ´wrong´ career choices|
|Pep didn´t do his homework on English football, Grant claims|
|Verratti: I´d be angry if I played for Monaco|
|Wales and former Lions lock Evans retires due to injury|
|Sakho injury could be cruciate damage - Allardyce|
|Levy hits the front in China Open|
|Guardiola: I´m a better manager since joining Manchester City|
|Barcelona to report Malaga president to anti-violence commission after controversial Twitter post|
|Go fourth and prosper? Guardiola and Mourinho wrestling to lift Manchester horizons|
|ICC passes model to reduce power of ´Big Three´|
|Daredevils sign Samuels to replace De Kock|
|Liverpool present new kit and crest to mark 125th anniversary|
|Kaino expected to face Lions despite knee surgery|
|Manchester United captain Rooney vows to ´prove people wrong´ amid talk over future|
|Eto´o reveals Mourinho´s Champions League final masterstroke|
|Bouchard says ´cheater´ Sharapova deserved lifetime ban|
|Serbia well on the way to Russia 2018, but Stankovic highlights domestic difficulties|
|Mourinho unhappy with Smalling, Jones but insists defenders have Manchester United future|
|Tough questions, challenges await team that drafts Mixon|
|Yankees top rival Red Sox with Judge´s birthday heroics|
|Stanley Cup playoffs three stars: Subban, Predators make power play to seize game one|
|Temptation to take Trubisky over Garrett a test of Browns patience|