The New England Patriots are set to be involved in several marquee NFL games in 2017 after the schedule was released on Thursday.
There will be a Super Bowl rematch in week seven and the defending champions also get the season started.
The Patriots feature heavily in the 10 must-see games of the 2017 campaign.
10. Steelers at Texans, week 16, December 25: A Christmas Day treat in Houston will have a pair of playoff hopefuls and two of the NFL's stingiest defenses. The Texans have jettisoned Brock Osweiler and this could be an important game for both teams late in the season.
9. Falcons at Seahawks, week 11, November 20: A playoff rematch that was dominated by the Falcons last season, the Seahawks will hope to get some revenge at home. The Legion of Boom may be losing some of its punch, but the Seahawks are a different team at home and there almost always seems to be some sort of controversy when Seattle get a prime-time home game.
8. Chiefs at Patriots, week one, September 7: The champs will celebrate their Super Bowl victory before taking on one of last year's playoff teams. The Chiefs have not won at Foxborough since 1990, a stretch that includes six straight losses, including a playoff game in the 2015 season.
7. Dolphins at Chargers, week two, September 17: Tiny StubHub Center in Carson, California, will host its first NFL game as the Chargers officially debut as the Los Angeles Chargers at their new temporary home.
6. Packers at Falcons, week two, September 17: The Falcons will debut new Mercedes-Benz Stadium in week two against the Packers, who will hope for a much better result than the last time they went to Atlanta. The Falcons ran away with a blowout victory in last season's NFC championship game. Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers are sure to light things up once all the pomp and circumstance of the new stadium wears off.
5. Cowboys at Raiders, week 15, December 17: The Cowboys and Raiders both have Super Bowl aspirations this season and each team is loaded with young talent on offense. With defenses that struggled somewhat last season, there could be a lot of points scored at the Coliseum.
4. Patriots vs. Raiders, week 11, November 19: The Raiders are returning to Mexico this season and will face the Patriots, who will play in the country for the first time ever. This could have big playoff implications in the latter half of the season.
3. Patriots at Dolphins, week 14, December 11: If the Dolphins are going to sweep the Patriots, as wide receiver Jarvis Landry boldly predicted, they have to first win on November 26 in New England and then defend their home field two weeks later on Monday night.
2. Chiefs at Raiders, week seven, October 19: These are the two favourites in the AFC West and a win by the Raiders would go a long way toward a division that slipped away from them last season.
1. Falcons at Patriots, week seven, October 22: The Super Bowl rematch will be one of the more anticipated matchups of the season. It is a bit of surprise the NFL scheduled it in the middle of the season instead of making it a week one game. The Falcons will be bent on revenge, but going into Foxborough is never easy.
|Mayfield´s Big 12 dominance & Jackson the dual threat - The 2018 Quarterback class in Opta numbers|
|Campbell tips Vieira and Bergkamp to replace Wenger|
|Courtois to sue former Belgium coach Wilmots|
|Heavyweights Ronaldo and Lewandowski go head to head – Champions League in Opta numbers|
|Spurs, Heat eliminated as Celtics go up 3-2|
|Angels overcome Ohtani´s so-so outing to win series over Astros|
|Red Bull want Ricciardo decision by August|
|Rangers injuries piling up as Beltre leaves with hamstring issue|
|A´s closer Treinen exits after being hit by comebacker|
|Copa Libertadores Review: Gabriel leads Santos, Atletico cruise|
|He decides the biggest moments – Wijnaldum hails Salah|
|Finau ready to compete after freak ankle injury at Masters|
|Roma have some hope, says Monchi|
|Westbrook fined $10,000 for altercation with Gobert|
|Messi? Ronaldo? Salah is world´s best player – Gerrard|
|Liverpool are not Barcelona – Klopp cautious of Roma comeback|
|Liverpool supporter in ´critical condition´ after fan clashes|
|Gronkowski commits to 2018 season with Patriots|
|F1 Raceweek: Title race to heat up at venue of Vettel-Hamilton flashpoint|
|It´s all-inclusive football with Liverpool! - Klopp pleased despite Roma recovery|
|Montella to remain Sevilla coach until end of season|
|Di Francesco: Roma gave up – but if you don´t believe in a comeback, stay at home|
|Klopp accepts Salah substitution sparked Roma fightback|
|Oxlade-Chamberlain may miss World Cup after suffering ´a really bad injury´|
|De Rossi blames long balls for Roma ´blackout´ at Anfield|
|Trump happy to fly under the radar at World Championship|
|Late Liverpool lapses sour stunning Salah show|
|Henderson wary of Barcelona repeat as Roma leave Liverpool with hope|
|Championship Review: Cardiff slip up as Barnsley stay in the relegation zone|
|Goffin lives dangerously in Barcelona|
|Liverpool 5 Roma 2: Salah shines but late comeback offers Giallorossi hope|
|Salah sets Liverpool record with spectacular first-half double|
|Six first-round quarterbacks & two top-10 trades - 2018 NFL Mock Draft|
|Oxlade-Chamberlain carried off in Champions League semi-final|
|Indians equal lowest total in defeat to Sunrisers|
|Selby final frustration contributed to ´beginning of the end´ comment - Higgins|
|Wozniacki makes winning start as Radwanska retires|
|Firmino back, as Milner starts for Liverpool against Roma|
|I didn´t want James to go - Zidane ready for Champions League reunion with familiar face|
|Kroos: You can´t buy the Champions League|
|Strauss open to Springboks return|
|Shurmur ends Beckham Jr trade speculation|
|Leeds urged to help Rohingya during ´odd´ Myanmar tour|
|Garcia dumps fit-again Sharapova out in Stuttgart|
|Buffon slams reports of breakdown in Benatia relationship|
|Former France coach Michel dies aged 70|
|Ancelotti talks not about Italy job, says Costacurta|
|Hartley: Concussion will not end my career|
|Stanlake´s IPL stint cut short by fractured finger|
|It was a weird few days - FA Cup final ref Oliver reflects on Buffon incident|
|Boateng not intimidated by supreme athlete Ronaldo|
|McNabb magnificent, Smith a Bengals bust - The last time QBs were drafted 1-2-3|
|Wolff loving battle with Ferrari and Red Bull|
|Heynckes: James was depressed after Real Madrid exit|
|Worry about Ronaldo? Real Madrid should fear Lewandowski, says Heynckes|
|Supporter tensions have affected Wenger - Rice|
|Springboks legend Habana to retire|
|Leinster stalwarts Nacewa and Strauss to retire|
|Germany submits Euro 2024 bid dossier|
|Bulls prop Schoeman given six-week ban for biting|
|Amir to arrive in England after visa delay|
|If Lewandowski wants to go, Bayern will have to let him – Effenberg|
|Leinster and Racing players shortlisted for European award|
|´Goal machine´ Ronaldo more complete than Messi – Kimmich|
|Bayern Munich v Real Madrid: Is this the end of the ´BBC´?|
|Blues chief backs under-fire Umaga|
|Manly fine quartet for Gladstone curfew breach|
|Zidane taking entire Madrid squad to Munich|
|Buffon reaction to Real Madrid penalty ´understandable´ – UEFA president|
|Liverpool owner was ´bitching´ about overpaying for Salah – Roma president|