There was a shakeup with the New York Giants on Monday, though Ben McAdoo's firing was not related to the benching of Eli Manning.
Giants president John Mara said he signed off on last week's decision to end Manning's consecutive-games streak at 210.
McAdoo was hopeful Sunday he would not lose his job and said he would coach the team as long as he was allowed.
As for Manning, he will finish the year with the Giants, but could play elsewhere next season.
Manning and the Giants have not been great this year, but the New Orleans Saints' offense has and might have the NFL's Rookie of the Year.
Jimmy Garoppolo got high praise in his first start for the San Francisco 49ers and Miami Dolphins coach Adam Gase does not have any regrets about Sunday, but New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski does.
Philadelphia Eagles coach Doug Pederson explained why he did not challenge a controversial and pivotal pitch play during Sunday's loss to the Seattle Seahawks.
Here's the latest edition of "He Said What?!"
– Mara on any ties between the benching of Manning and the firing of McAdoo: "If you want to blame anyone on that, blame me. I could've overruled it. Our team isn't good enough. We're 2-10."
– McAdoo Sunday on his future as the Giants coach: "I'm gonna coach this team as long as my key card works."
– Giants quarterback Geno Smith on former Jets coach Rex Ryan: "I did see one of my ex-coaches say he didn't want me to be his quarterback. That really upset me. I saved his job in 2013. We fought our arse for him both years. For him to say that shows how much of a coward he is."
– Brett Favre on Manning possibly playing for another team: "It's doable to move, and it's doable to play at a high level. I found it reinvigorating, honestly. For Eli, maybe it's gotten a little stale in New York – I don't know. I do know, or at least I think, that he will want to play for the Giants again. And he seems like he's really healthy, and he's in a place he can play a few more years. Wherever it is, I can tell him he can be great somewhere else too. You can love another team too. I did."
– Saints running back Mark Ingram on rookie team-mate Alvin Kamara: "He is a monster. He is always doing his thing. He's running. He's catching. He's a special player. He is definitely the Rookie of the Year."
– 49ers receiver Marquise Goodwin on Jimmy Garoppolo: "Just look at him. Look at him. He's got it all together. He came in, short time and is helping us flip this thing around. Some people are just winners, and he's a winner."
– Gase on running up the score against the Broncos: "We're not going to slow down. I don't care what the score is."
– Gronkowski on his late hit on Bills cornerback Tre'Davious White: "I'm not in the business of that. There was just a lot of frustration. I was just really frustrated at that moment. It just happened naturally through emotions and frustration. Just want to apolosize to Tre'Davious White. I don't really believe in type of shots like that."
– Bills safety Micah Hyde on Gronkowski's hit: "Just a dirty play. That's something that the NFL talks about not wanting. The refs, if they didn't see it live, then they had a good chance to see it on the replay. It was just a dirty play."
– Pederson on not challenging a pitch by Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson: "Real time, it looked fine. It looked legit. We didn't get all the necessary looks. They hustled to the line, but at the same time, it looked good, and I trust the guys upstairs making those decisions and didn't challenge that. I already challenged one in the half and lost that, so I didn't want to risk another timeout."
– Bengals coach Marvin Lewis on whether players should police themselves after Monday's violent loss to the Steelers: "There are things in place to police this. The game has changed... Football is a physical sport."
|Warriors drop Hawks as Green serves suspension|
|In-form Healy sends Australia into semis|
|Former NBA star McGrady says Carmelo Anthony should retire|
|Celtics´ Smart: We have to look at ourselves in the mirror|
|Federer plays down preferential treatment talk|
|Mourinho is better than Guardiola – Maradona|
|Mbappe plays down Pele comparisons|
|Don´t worry bro – Mendy responds to Trump|
|Melvin, Snitker win manager of the year awards|
|Warriors´ Green suspended for Hawks clash|
|Asensio: It´s not for me to lead Madrid|
|Rooney ready to enjoy England farewell after pressure of ´Golden Generation´|
|Ludwigsburg stun high-flying Murcia in BCL|
|Rams v Chiefs moved to LA due to Mexico City field conditions|
|Skriniar discussing new Inter contract, confirms agent|
|Former Barcelona boss Martino named MLS Coach of the Year|
|Bell fails to report to Steelers, will sit out rest of season|
|Federer back on track after dismal Thiem display|
|Udinese appoint Nicola after sacking Velazquez|
|Monaco deny they broke rules regarding youth recruitment|
|Del Bosque, Zidane, Lopetegui - The former Castilla coaches Solari follows into Real Madrid hot seat|
|Ozil rejected ´crazy offers´ from Asia, reveals agent|
|Real Madrid appoint Solari on permanent basis|
|LeVert avoids need for surgery, should return this season|
|Neuer confident despite concerns over Bayern Munich form|
|All I ever wanted to do is win, says Sixers signing Butler|
|Pogba: Coming home to United was the best feeling ever|
|Watson among four signing new Bath deals|
|Susanna Dinnage to replace Scudamore as Premier League chief executive|
|Murray commits to Brighton until 2020|
|Rooney rejected chance of pre-World Cup farewell|
|Impressive Anderson thrashes Nishikori|
|Ozil´s Germany absence a ´pity´, says Sane|
|Rooney: I´ll finish my career in the US|
|McIlroy unsure of 2019 European Tour membership|
|Australian Open dismisses concerns of Federer scheduling bias|
|Hue Jackson joins Bengals staff as ´special assistant´|
|Real Madrid confirm Reguilon injury|
|Higuain handed two-match ban for Juve meltdown|
|Kruis ruled out for England as Jones calls up uncapped quartet|
|A year on from Italy failure, Ventura leaves Chievo after four games|
|Bairstow misses out as unchanged England promote Stokes|
|Recalled Alba denies Luis Enrique bust-up|
|´Unhappy´ Christensen won´t push for Chelsea exit|
|Nadal to make Abu Dhabi comeback in December|
|Taijul helps Bangladesh tighten their grip despite Taylor ton|
|Neymar joining Real Madrid wouldn´t hurt Iniesta|
|It´s just team spirit - Livingston not worried by Durant-Green exchange|
|Trippier out of England squad with groin injury|
|Ex-Sri Lanka international Lokuhettige charged by ICC|
|Former England and Chelsea star Joe Cole retires|
|Nets offer support to LeVert following serious leg injury|
|Panenka proud Sergio Ramos imitates his penalties|
|Liverpool´s Alisson seeks patience to reach potential|
|Anthony Davis leads Pelicans, Clippers hold off Warriors in OT|
|Lindelof rues international break for Man Utd|
|Shaqiri confident in more goals for Liverpool|
|Giants too good for 49ers in crunch time|
|Southgate named honorary Yorkshireman|
|Nicky Butt: Manchester United are low on confidence|
|Criticism of Barcelona star Dembele is overblown - agent|
|Thibodeau discusses Butler trade: We thought this was the best deal for us|
|Acuna, Ohtani win rookie of the year awards|
|LeBron James on Lakers’ early season struggles: ‘I almost cracked’|
|Welbeck has successful second operation on broken ankle|
|UEFA warns FFP cases can be reopened based on ´new information´|
|Foakes to keep England place for second Test|
|WATCH: Rooney looking sharp in England training return|
|Mbappe: Money in football is truly indecent|
|Djokovic back to brilliant best as Isner is beaten|