There was a shakeup with the New York Giants on Monday, though Ben McAdoo's firing was not related to the benching of Eli Manning.
Giants president John Mara said he signed off on last week's decision to end Manning's consecutive-games streak at 210.
McAdoo was hopeful Sunday he would not lose his job and said he would coach the team as long as he was allowed.
As for Manning, he will finish the year with the Giants, but could play elsewhere next season.
Manning and the Giants have not been great this year, but the New Orleans Saints' offense has and might have the NFL's Rookie of the Year.
Jimmy Garoppolo got high praise in his first start for the San Francisco 49ers and Miami Dolphins coach Adam Gase does not have any regrets about Sunday, but New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski does.
Philadelphia Eagles coach Doug Pederson explained why he did not challenge a controversial and pivotal pitch play during Sunday's loss to the Seattle Seahawks.
Here's the latest edition of "He Said What?!"
– Mara on any ties between the benching of Manning and the firing of McAdoo: "If you want to blame anyone on that, blame me. I could've overruled it. Our team isn't good enough. We're 2-10."
– McAdoo Sunday on his future as the Giants coach: "I'm gonna coach this team as long as my key card works."
– Giants quarterback Geno Smith on former Jets coach Rex Ryan: "I did see one of my ex-coaches say he didn't want me to be his quarterback. That really upset me. I saved his job in 2013. We fought our arse for him both years. For him to say that shows how much of a coward he is."
– Brett Favre on Manning possibly playing for another team: "It's doable to move, and it's doable to play at a high level. I found it reinvigorating, honestly. For Eli, maybe it's gotten a little stale in New York – I don't know. I do know, or at least I think, that he will want to play for the Giants again. And he seems like he's really healthy, and he's in a place he can play a few more years. Wherever it is, I can tell him he can be great somewhere else too. You can love another team too. I did."
– Saints running back Mark Ingram on rookie team-mate Alvin Kamara: "He is a monster. He is always doing his thing. He's running. He's catching. He's a special player. He is definitely the Rookie of the Year."
– 49ers receiver Marquise Goodwin on Jimmy Garoppolo: "Just look at him. Look at him. He's got it all together. He came in, short time and is helping us flip this thing around. Some people are just winners, and he's a winner."
– Gase on running up the score against the Broncos: "We're not going to slow down. I don't care what the score is."
– Gronkowski on his late hit on Bills cornerback Tre'Davious White: "I'm not in the business of that. There was just a lot of frustration. I was just really frustrated at that moment. It just happened naturally through emotions and frustration. Just want to apolosize to Tre'Davious White. I don't really believe in type of shots like that."
– Bills safety Micah Hyde on Gronkowski's hit: "Just a dirty play. That's something that the NFL talks about not wanting. The refs, if they didn't see it live, then they had a good chance to see it on the replay. It was just a dirty play."
– Pederson on not challenging a pitch by Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson: "Real time, it looked fine. It looked legit. We didn't get all the necessary looks. They hustled to the line, but at the same time, it looked good, and I trust the guys upstairs making those decisions and didn't challenge that. I already challenged one in the half and lost that, so I didn't want to risk another timeout."
– Bengals coach Marvin Lewis on whether players should police themselves after Monday's violent loss to the Steelers: "There are things in place to police this. The game has changed... Football is a physical sport."
|Manchester United v Chelsea: Grant´s disastrous debut, Drogba´s ´offside´ goal and other Old Traffor|
|Walker motivated by EFL Cup final showdown with Arsenal|
|Manchester United v Chelsea: ´Specialist in failure´, eye-pokes and Mourinho´s other best rows|
|CONCACAF Champions League Review: America close in on quarters with huge win|
|Keane defends Pogba as former United captain demands more from Lukaku and Sanchez|
|Stoger labels Reus ´indispensable´ amid Milan links|
|Ferdinand and Man United team-mates doubted De Gea|
|Sock, Isner and Raonic crash out at Delray Beach|
|Rain sees Cilic-Monfils suspended at crucial stage|
|Djokovic steps up rehab as Federer leads the way|
|Cuban fined $600K for tanking comments|
|Fowler says PGA National demands full attention|
|Rory McIlroy curbing expectations before Masters|
|Shakhtar would´ve won by more if not for Roma´s Alisson – Fonseca|
|Popovich would be ´surprised´ if Leonard returns for Spurs this season|
|Championship Review: Wolves squander two-goal lead to Norwich, Cardiff City take advantage|
|Mourinho happy with ´big effort´ from Pogba|
|Benneteau ousts Bautista Agut in Marseille|
|Mourinho questions medical staff after ´bad´ Herrera injury|
|Sarri demands better from Napoli ´buffoons´|
|Mourinho hugs reporter for asking about McTominay instead of Pogba|
|Di Francesco slams Roma: I should have substituted half of them!|
|Curtains for Konta and Ostapenko in Dubai|
|De Gea happy with ´important´ wonder save|
|Woods eager to experience Masters ´rush´|
|Vazquez and Asensio important to Madrid, says Zidane|
|Shakhtar Donetsk 2 Roma 1: Fred stunner seals first-leg comeback|
|Sevilla 0 Manchester United 0: De Gea ensures Mourinho´s men stay level|
|Klaasen and Duminy half-centuries set up T20 decider|
|Herrera injury gives dropped Pogba chance for reprieve|
|Tindall urges England to ´hunt´ vulnerable Scotland|
|Firmino insists he did not abuse Holgate|
|Leganes 1 Real Madrid 3: Casemiro inspires comeback for Zidane´s men|
|Milan have everything to lose – Gattuso worried about complacency|
|United a big team in defeat - Mourinho aims dig at City|
|Firmino escapes punishment after Holgate allegation|
|Mourinho benches Pogba for Sevilla clash|
|Cavendish withdraws after Abu Dhabi crash|
|Rugby greats put on show in French Alps snow|
|Gremio refute claims of €40m Arthur agreement with Barcelona|
|Messi will sign another Barcelona contract, predicts Bartomeu|
|UEFA rejects PSG appeal over Rabiot´s Real Madrid booking|
|Hardaker sacked by Tigers after failed drugs test|
|James to miss ´a few days´ of Bayern training with calf injury|
|Bellew not feeling Haye love|
|Nantes not stopping Ranieri if Italy come calling|
|Milan owner Li slams ´fake news´ over financial woes|
|Italy make three changes for France encounter|
|Wenger still gunning for top four spot with Arsenal|
|AFC Champions League Review: Kanazaki braces inspires Kashima|
|Gloucester centre Scott to re-join Edinburgh|
|Ospina to get Wembley nod as Wenger waits on Ramsey|
|Pogba not struggling at United, claims Deschamps|
|No police action against Gloucester coach Ackermann or son after nightclub incident|
|Australia proved a point with tri-series dominance, says Warner|
|Escape Messi´s shadow? Change sport! - Henry´s advice to Neymar|
|Scotland unchanged for crucial Calcutta Cup clash|
|Horsing around: Muller takes tips from equine companion|
|Lynn set for further assessment on dislocated shoulder|
|Ronaldo jets off for a break as Madrid head to Leganes|
|Bastareaud back in one of five France changes|
|Mistake to let Kroos leave Bayern for Madrid - Sammer|
|Short´s fifty and Agar´s spin seal deserved Australian tri-series win|
|Spalletti tips Ancelotti for Italy job|
|I can´t wait for retirement - Federer|
|Mendy on course for World Cup, says Deschamps|
|Man Utd on dismal knockout run, Roma have Shakhtar curse - Champions League in Opta numbers|
|Azpilicueta hoping for greater fortune at Camp Nou|
|Out of nothing he can score goals – Heynckes hails Muller|
|CONCACAF Champions League Review: Giovinco inspires Toronto, Tigres held|