There was a shakeup with the New York Giants on Monday, though Ben McAdoo's firing was not related to the benching of Eli Manning.
Giants president John Mara said he signed off on last week's decision to end Manning's consecutive-games streak at 210.
McAdoo was hopeful Sunday he would not lose his job and said he would coach the team as long as he was allowed.
As for Manning, he will finish the year with the Giants, but could play elsewhere next season.
Manning and the Giants have not been great this year, but the New Orleans Saints' offense has and might have the NFL's Rookie of the Year.
Jimmy Garoppolo got high praise in his first start for the San Francisco 49ers and Miami Dolphins coach Adam Gase does not have any regrets about Sunday, but New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski does.
Philadelphia Eagles coach Doug Pederson explained why he did not challenge a controversial and pivotal pitch play during Sunday's loss to the Seattle Seahawks.
Here's the latest edition of "He Said What?!"
– Mara on any ties between the benching of Manning and the firing of McAdoo: "If you want to blame anyone on that, blame me. I could've overruled it. Our team isn't good enough. We're 2-10."
– McAdoo Sunday on his future as the Giants coach: "I'm gonna coach this team as long as my key card works."
– Giants quarterback Geno Smith on former Jets coach Rex Ryan: "I did see one of my ex-coaches say he didn't want me to be his quarterback. That really upset me. I saved his job in 2013. We fought our arse for him both years. For him to say that shows how much of a coward he is."
– Brett Favre on Manning possibly playing for another team: "It's doable to move, and it's doable to play at a high level. I found it reinvigorating, honestly. For Eli, maybe it's gotten a little stale in New York – I don't know. I do know, or at least I think, that he will want to play for the Giants again. And he seems like he's really healthy, and he's in a place he can play a few more years. Wherever it is, I can tell him he can be great somewhere else too. You can love another team too. I did."
– Saints running back Mark Ingram on rookie team-mate Alvin Kamara: "He is a monster. He is always doing his thing. He's running. He's catching. He's a special player. He is definitely the Rookie of the Year."
– 49ers receiver Marquise Goodwin on Jimmy Garoppolo: "Just look at him. Look at him. He's got it all together. He came in, short time and is helping us flip this thing around. Some people are just winners, and he's a winner."
– Gase on running up the score against the Broncos: "We're not going to slow down. I don't care what the score is."
– Gronkowski on his late hit on Bills cornerback Tre'Davious White: "I'm not in the business of that. There was just a lot of frustration. I was just really frustrated at that moment. It just happened naturally through emotions and frustration. Just want to apolosize to Tre'Davious White. I don't really believe in type of shots like that."
– Bills safety Micah Hyde on Gronkowski's hit: "Just a dirty play. That's something that the NFL talks about not wanting. The refs, if they didn't see it live, then they had a good chance to see it on the replay. It was just a dirty play."
– Pederson on not challenging a pitch by Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson: "Real time, it looked fine. It looked legit. We didn't get all the necessary looks. They hustled to the line, but at the same time, it looked good, and I trust the guys upstairs making those decisions and didn't challenge that. I already challenged one in the half and lost that, so I didn't want to risk another timeout."
– Bengals coach Marvin Lewis on whether players should police themselves after Monday's violent loss to the Steelers: "There are things in place to police this. The game has changed... Football is a physical sport."
|´Genius´ Messi still amazes Valverde|
|All Blacks, Springboks await Namibia at Rugby World Cup|
|Federer to face Djokovic after Goffin withdraws|
|Rain halts plays at Wyndham Championship|
|De Gea will extend contract soon, says Mourinho|
|Halep to meet Bertens in Cincinnati final|
|Frampton set for Warrington fight after dominant Windsor Park win|
|Messi makes LaLiga history with Barcelona´s 6000th goal|
|MC Alger defeat throws quarter-final chase wide open|
|Barcelona 3 Deportivo Alaves 0: Messi´s milestone goal sets up victory|
|Djokovic on course for Masters 1000 history after Cilic victory|
|It´s on! - Wilder fight confirmed after Fury defeats Pianeta|
|Like Cruyff before him, Guardiola favouring Foden´s style over substance|
|Ronaldo tweets debut delight after Juve win|
|Chelsea are not title contenders yet, claims Sarri|
|Bayern Munich boss Kovac planning for Boateng stay|
|Championship Review: West Brom crush QPR as Leeds stay perfect|
|Allegri pleased with Ronaldo despite goalless Juventus debut|
|Chelsea can produce magic with Sarri in charge - Hazard|
|Emery ´happy without the result´ as Arsenal comeback falls short|
|Gordon confirms Cleveland Browns return|
|Eight shots and only 30 passes - Ronaldo´s Juventus debut in Opta numbers|
|Cristiano Ronaldo´s debuts: Best impressed, scoring a penalty & a blank for Juventus|
|Old boy Escare haunts Catalans in big Wigan win|
|Preston North End 2 Stoke City 2: Super sub Crouch salvages a point|
|Pochettino vows not to discuss Alderweireld future before five-minute answer|
|Waring, Aiken lead the way as Olesen stays in the hunt|
|Linking play, forcing saves and clashing with goalkeeper - Cristiano Ronaldo´s Juventus debut|
|Chelsea 3 Arsenal 2: Alonso snatches win after Gunners comeback|
|West Ham still haunted by last season - Pellegrini|
|Puel defends Vardy after Wolves red card|
|Chievo 2 Juventus 3: Ronaldo´s debut ends in dramatic win|
|Mbappe: Neymar is Paris Saint-Germain´s superstar|
|Pickford should have seen red - Hughes fumes over challenge on Ings|
|Kohli and Rahane star as India edge day one|
|AC Milan´s Strinic sidelined by heart problem|
|Kane happy to banish August goal hoodoo|
|Guingamp 1 Paris Saint-Germain 3: Mbappe returns to inspire comeback|
|Springboks´ second-half revival punishes Pumas|
|Finally! Kane scores a Premier League goal in August|
|Warnock enjoyed ´poetic justice´ of Kenedy´s penalty woe|
|Holders Eintracht Frankfurt stunned by Ulm in DFB-Pokal|
|West Ham 1 Bournemouth 2: Wilson, Cook condemn Hammers to successive losses|
|Tottenham 3 Fulham 1: Trippier and Kane help Spurs avoid Wembley wobble|
|Leicester City 2 Wolves 0: Lucky Foxes win despite Vardy red card|
|Everton 2 Southampton 1: Richarlison continues fine start|
|Drochtersen/Assel 0 Bayern Munich 1: Lewandowski spares Bayern´s blushes|
|Violent hack, no passes, missed penalty - Kenedy´s Cardiff nightmare|
|Ronaldo handed Juventus debut against Chievo|
|Cheika and Hooper frustrated by second-half slump|
|Hansen issues warning after All Blacks win Wallabies ´prizefight´|
|Stuttgart stay good for Pavard, says Reschke|
|You can´t buy class - United boss Mourinho blasts City documentary|
|Cardiff City 0 Newcastle United 0: Penalty miss rounds off abject day for Kenedy|
|Lopetegui open to rotating Real Madrid goalkeepers|
|´World´s best´ Alisson will be difficult to replace, says Roma boss Di Francesco|
|Dragons and Sharks pounce on Panthers after four get sin-binned|
|AC Milan situation has proved FFP works - UEFA president Ceferin|
|Marseille´s Garcia uninterested in striker despite Balotelli link|
|Goodhue sparkles on debut as All Blacks thump Wallabies|
|I feel like chicken tonight - Saunders game for a laugh after Wilder fowl play|
|Aubameyang-Lacazette partnership possible for Arsenal|
|Pant handed debut as India ring changes at Trent Bridge|
|Pochettino pledges to protect Kane|
|Federer relieved to ´hang tough´ in Cincinnati|
|De Bruyne injury: Can Foden or Diaz replace Man City playmaker?|
|Furyk confident as Team USA takes shape|
|Neymar´s behaviour deserves praise, Tite claims|
|Scherzer, Harper lead Nationals past Marlins|
|Djokovic and Federer join Cilic, Goffin in Cincinnati semis|