There was a shakeup with the New York Giants on Monday, though Ben McAdoo's firing was not related to the benching of Eli Manning.
Giants president John Mara said he signed off on last week's decision to end Manning's consecutive-games streak at 210.
McAdoo was hopeful Sunday he would not lose his job and said he would coach the team as long as he was allowed.
As for Manning, he will finish the year with the Giants, but could play elsewhere next season.
Manning and the Giants have not been great this year, but the New Orleans Saints' offense has and might have the NFL's Rookie of the Year.
Jimmy Garoppolo got high praise in his first start for the San Francisco 49ers and Miami Dolphins coach Adam Gase does not have any regrets about Sunday, but New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski does.
Philadelphia Eagles coach Doug Pederson explained why he did not challenge a controversial and pivotal pitch play during Sunday's loss to the Seattle Seahawks.
Here's the latest edition of "He Said What?!"
– Mara on any ties between the benching of Manning and the firing of McAdoo: "If you want to blame anyone on that, blame me. I could've overruled it. Our team isn't good enough. We're 2-10."
– McAdoo Sunday on his future as the Giants coach: "I'm gonna coach this team as long as my key card works."
– Giants quarterback Geno Smith on former Jets coach Rex Ryan: "I did see one of my ex-coaches say he didn't want me to be his quarterback. That really upset me. I saved his job in 2013. We fought our arse for him both years. For him to say that shows how much of a coward he is."
– Brett Favre on Manning possibly playing for another team: "It's doable to move, and it's doable to play at a high level. I found it reinvigorating, honestly. For Eli, maybe it's gotten a little stale in New York – I don't know. I do know, or at least I think, that he will want to play for the Giants again. And he seems like he's really healthy, and he's in a place he can play a few more years. Wherever it is, I can tell him he can be great somewhere else too. You can love another team too. I did."
– Saints running back Mark Ingram on rookie team-mate Alvin Kamara: "He is a monster. He is always doing his thing. He's running. He's catching. He's a special player. He is definitely the Rookie of the Year."
– 49ers receiver Marquise Goodwin on Jimmy Garoppolo: "Just look at him. Look at him. He's got it all together. He came in, short time and is helping us flip this thing around. Some people are just winners, and he's a winner."
– Gase on running up the score against the Broncos: "We're not going to slow down. I don't care what the score is."
– Gronkowski on his late hit on Bills cornerback Tre'Davious White: "I'm not in the business of that. There was just a lot of frustration. I was just really frustrated at that moment. It just happened naturally through emotions and frustration. Just want to apolosize to Tre'Davious White. I don't really believe in type of shots like that."
– Bills safety Micah Hyde on Gronkowski's hit: "Just a dirty play. That's something that the NFL talks about not wanting. The refs, if they didn't see it live, then they had a good chance to see it on the replay. It was just a dirty play."
– Pederson on not challenging a pitch by Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson: "Real time, it looked fine. It looked legit. We didn't get all the necessary looks. They hustled to the line, but at the same time, it looked good, and I trust the guys upstairs making those decisions and didn't challenge that. I already challenged one in the half and lost that, so I didn't want to risk another timeout."
– Bengals coach Marvin Lewis on whether players should police themselves after Monday's violent loss to the Steelers: "There are things in place to police this. The game has changed... Football is a physical sport."
|LeBron James saves Cavaliers from elimination|
|Peru FA president weighs in on Paolo Guerrero´s drugs ban appeal|
|Kevin Love ruled out of Game 6 for Cavaliers after concussion|
|Prescott says Cowboys don´t need top receiver|
|MLB extends Roberto Osuna´s administrative leave for third time|
|Rose shoots 64 to take Fort Worth lead|
|James Harden not worried about shooting struggles|
|Green: Spurs star Leonard wants to stay in San Antonio|
|Griezmann could help Barcelona a lot, says Umtiti|
|Moyano hat-trick helps Jaguares sink 14-man Sharks|
|Mbappe rejected Real Madrid for PSG - Monaco´s Vasilyev|
|Rovers rock Warriors as Wolves bite back to see off Hull|
|Thiem through in Lyon as Fucsovics closes in on historic first title|
|Hughes signs three-year Southampton deal|
|Barty suffers injury scare in Strasbourg|
|Ruthless Montpellier overpower Lyon to reach Top 14 final|
|Rabiot hits out at Deschamps criticism|
|Low: Messi more complete than Ronaldo|
|Marvellous McIlroy moves three clear at Wentworth|
|Brighton confirm deal for Deportivo striker Andone|
|No offers for Lyon captain Fekir, Aulas claims|
|Pakistan turn the screw to frustrate England at Lord´s|
|Rashid leaves Knight Riders in the shade as Sunrisers reach IPL final|
|Madrid not favourites for Champions League final - Zidane|
|Don´t compare Salah to Messi and Ronaldo, says Ramos. They´re in a different orbit!|
|Van Dijk: Liverpool is my team, Anfield is my home|
|Ronaldo at ´140 per cent´ is good enough for Zidane|
|People like to talk - Marcelo responds to misquoted Klopp|
|French Open 2018: Hopes of sensational Serena success raised by Roland Garros draw|
|Houston Rockets without Chris Paul for game six|
|Ostapenko used to life in the spotlight ahead of French Open defence|
|Red Sox designate Hanley Ramirez for assignment|
|Liverpool motivated by Europa League pain - Henderson|
|Reus relishing Favre reunion at Borussia Dortmund|
|Phenomenal Froome claims stunning Giro lead as Yates capitulates|
|Bertens, Kontaveit and Kasatkina – Can Ostapenko´s Roland Garros fairytale be matched?|
|Klopp less excited about second final appearance|
|It´s funny if two managers in the final have no clue about tactics - Klopp defends Zidane|
|Salah´s long-term potential ´not important´, says focused Klopp|
|It´s kind of unreal - Kvitova surprised by her success ahead of French Open return|
|Man United and Real Madrid favourite Beckham begs Zidane to beat Liverpool|
|Storm and Raiders snatch dramatic wins|
|Boateng desperate for ´best in the world´ Neuer to play|
|Great players have to play here - Real Madrid´s Marcelo continues Neymar courtship|
|Salah can win Ballon d´Or with Champions League triumph, says Luiz|
|Roland Garros wins ´exactly the same´ for Nadal regardless of Federer involvement|
|Rebels romp past Sunwolves, Crusaders retain top spot|
|Halep ´stronger mentally´ as she seeks first grand slam title|
|Cipriani on bench for Baa Baas clash|
|Ronaldo´s rival Salah shifts focus back to Liverpool versus Real Madrid|
|Two arrested in Kiev after clashes before Champions League final|
|Johnny Nelson leads tributes after death of Brendan Ingle|
|Batshuayi puts off Chelsea plans until after World Cup|
|Devon Smith back in Windies squad, Hamilton earns maiden call-up|
|Thiago hints at uncertain Bayern Munich future|
|Dhananjaya pulls out of Windies tour following death of father|
|I feel great - Kerr keeps faith with Warriors on the brink|
|Ronaldo: I can´t be compared with Salah|
|Buffon agent backs Paris Saint-Germain move|
|ICC confirms smart watches prohibited|
|Real Madrid v Liverpool: Champions League final in Opta numbers|
|Mane sends 300 Liverpool shirts to Senegal village for Champions League final|
|Arthur will not join Barcelona before December, Gremio insist|
|Real Madrid v Liverpool: Key battles in the Champions League final|
|Trout hits 15th HR, Bundy strikes out 14|
|Rockets star Paul dealing with hamstring injury|
|Does he only care about his hair? - Denmark coach Hareide slams Pogba, France|
|Rockets push Warriors to brink of elimination|
|World number 84 Kicker suspended for match-fixing|
|WATCH: Paul shimmies in Curry´s face|