There was a shakeup with the New York Giants on Monday, though Ben McAdoo's firing was not related to the benching of Eli Manning.
Giants president John Mara said he signed off on last week's decision to end Manning's consecutive-games streak at 210.
McAdoo was hopeful Sunday he would not lose his job and said he would coach the team as long as he was allowed.
As for Manning, he will finish the year with the Giants, but could play elsewhere next season.
Manning and the Giants have not been great this year, but the New Orleans Saints' offense has and might have the NFL's Rookie of the Year.
Jimmy Garoppolo got high praise in his first start for the San Francisco 49ers and Miami Dolphins coach Adam Gase does not have any regrets about Sunday, but New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski does.
Philadelphia Eagles coach Doug Pederson explained why he did not challenge a controversial and pivotal pitch play during Sunday's loss to the Seattle Seahawks.
Here's the latest edition of "He Said What?!"
– Mara on any ties between the benching of Manning and the firing of McAdoo: "If you want to blame anyone on that, blame me. I could've overruled it. Our team isn't good enough. We're 2-10."
– McAdoo Sunday on his future as the Giants coach: "I'm gonna coach this team as long as my key card works."
– Giants quarterback Geno Smith on former Jets coach Rex Ryan: "I did see one of my ex-coaches say he didn't want me to be his quarterback. That really upset me. I saved his job in 2013. We fought our arse for him both years. For him to say that shows how much of a coward he is."
– Brett Favre on Manning possibly playing for another team: "It's doable to move, and it's doable to play at a high level. I found it reinvigorating, honestly. For Eli, maybe it's gotten a little stale in New York – I don't know. I do know, or at least I think, that he will want to play for the Giants again. And he seems like he's really healthy, and he's in a place he can play a few more years. Wherever it is, I can tell him he can be great somewhere else too. You can love another team too. I did."
– Saints running back Mark Ingram on rookie team-mate Alvin Kamara: "He is a monster. He is always doing his thing. He's running. He's catching. He's a special player. He is definitely the Rookie of the Year."
– 49ers receiver Marquise Goodwin on Jimmy Garoppolo: "Just look at him. Look at him. He's got it all together. He came in, short time and is helping us flip this thing around. Some people are just winners, and he's a winner."
– Gase on running up the score against the Broncos: "We're not going to slow down. I don't care what the score is."
– Gronkowski on his late hit on Bills cornerback Tre'Davious White: "I'm not in the business of that. There was just a lot of frustration. I was just really frustrated at that moment. It just happened naturally through emotions and frustration. Just want to apolosize to Tre'Davious White. I don't really believe in type of shots like that."
– Bills safety Micah Hyde on Gronkowski's hit: "Just a dirty play. That's something that the NFL talks about not wanting. The refs, if they didn't see it live, then they had a good chance to see it on the replay. It was just a dirty play."
– Pederson on not challenging a pitch by Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson: "Real time, it looked fine. It looked legit. We didn't get all the necessary looks. They hustled to the line, but at the same time, it looked good, and I trust the guys upstairs making those decisions and didn't challenge that. I already challenged one in the half and lost that, so I didn't want to risk another timeout."
– Bengals coach Marvin Lewis on whether players should police themselves after Monday's violent loss to the Steelers: "There are things in place to police this. The game has changed... Football is a physical sport."
|Wagner received no contact over Borussia Dortmund job|
|From the ridiculous to the sublime - Clermont overcome ´absurd´ episode to thump Saracens|
|A Mourinho myth? Man United booked for simulation more than any Premier League side|
|Eagles QB Wentz out for season with torn ACL|
|Brook to face Rabchenko in light-middleweight bow|
|Yankees confirm Stanton deal|
|Clermont irked by ´absurd´ Saracens saga|
|Bairstow wants England to regain trust|
|Ronaldo´s ego is his biggest motivator - Valdano|
|Bayern threaten legal action over Leno transfer rumours|
|Thompson welcomes golf´s change in policy over viewer call-ins|
|Potter delighted by underdog Ostersunds´ trip to Arsenal|
|Chelsea can bounce back from West Ham loss, says Conte|
|Real Madrid will relish PSG test, says Xabi Alonso|
|Conte urges Chelsea to be ´positive´ over Barca Champions League draw|
|Heynckes wary of Besiktas threat|
|Ostersunds handed fairytale Arsenal tie, Napoli face Leipzig|
|Taylor pays moving tribute to Crowe after equalling century record|
|Emery: PSG ´can compete with Real Madrid´|
|Totti urges Roma focus on Serie A despite encouraging Champions League draw|
|Europa League: Last 32 draw in full|
|Messi faces toughest foe in Champions League|
|Tigers confirm broken jaw for Veainu as Tuilagi nears return|
|AC Milan signed too many players, admits Fassone|
|Real Madrid face PSG, Chelsea drawn with Barcelona|
|FA seeking information over Manchester derby incident|
|India agree to be Afghanistan´s first Test opponents|
|He is one of the best strikers in the Premier League - Wilshere hails Giroud|
|Jamshed banned for failing to co-operate with PCB anti-corruption unit|
|Mata: No time to mourn derby defeat|
|Hitzfeld tells Nagelsmann to honour Hoffenheim contract|
|Amor: Mascherano future to become clear soon|
|Good things come to those who wait - Shubhankar wins Joburg Open in Monday finish|
|Huddersfield confident of Chelsea scalp - Ince|
|Sea Eagles facing sanctions over salary cap breach|
|Paine denies Aussies have crossed line with Ashes sledging|
|Road to Super Bowl hits speed bump as Eagles sweat on Wentz fitness|
|Taylor hits record ton as Windies chase mammoth total|
|Oladipo´s career performance keeps Pacers rolling|
|De Bruyne: Man City have to enjoy derby victory|
|Suspended Smith-Schuster watches on in Steelers helmet|
|Bancroft and Warner ´kissed and made up´ after Adelaide mix up|
|There is no-one like Messi – Alcacer|
|Pederson unwilling to comment on Wentz amid ACL fears|
|Kane: Bring on the best in Champions League|
|Neville: Lukaku needs to believe amid Man United struggles|
|Fitzgerald now third all time in receiving yards|
|Eagles QB Wentz suffers knee injury|
|Messi best player of all time – Rakitic|
|Gattuso: I´m even tense playing football with my son|
|Suarez admits Villarreal red swung it for Barcelona|
|Villarreal win ´crucial´ for Barcelona boss Valverde|
|O´Hair and Stricker claim QBE Shootout crown|
|Sublime O´Sullivan equals major record with sixth UK Championship win|
|Villarreal 0 Barcelona 2: Suarez, Messi restore five-point LaLiga lead|
|AC Milan 2 Bologna 1: Bonaventura brace breaks Gattuso´s duck|
|Leinster end Exeter home streak, La Rochelle shine again|
|Texans QB Savage suffers concussion; brief return sparks controversy|
|Guardiola: Man City are an honest team|
|Snow joke! Bills and Colts play in brutal blizzard|
|Mourinho: Herrera denied clear penalty in derby defeat|
|Mourinho admits title race ´probably´ over|
|Josh Gordon scores first touchdown in four years|
|Simeone defends Atleti´s style after battling win over Betis|
|Manchester City´s 14th win on the spin sets new top-flight record|
|Manchester United 1 Manchester City 2: Otamendi strikes massive blow in Premier League title race|
|Bath concerned by injury to Wales forward Faletau|
|Allardyce praises ´brave´ Pawson after penalty decision|
|Atletico Madrid set club-record unbeaten run in LaLiga|
|Ajax 3 PSV 0: Eredivisie title race gets new lease of life|